Sunday, May 31, 2009

Missing Mom

As all of my friends know, my mom's in the US for so many years now and I'm very excited to join her there.

Since I'm the youngest brood of the family, it's only natural that I'm the one who's closest to both parents. When I was a kid, I was literally the tail of my mother. Every where she goes, she would drag me along with her - to the bank, market, A-N-Y-W-H-E-R-E. Sadly, she rarely took me shopping. But hey, I was a kid then so I wasn't into shopping yet.

She left when I was about to enter high school for work and now we are closest than ever. She would often call, usually in the wee hours of the morning and we would just talk about everything. But the most memorable conversation we had was about me and relationships. I never thought I could open up to her about that part of my life because she wasn't the gentle loving mother that she should be. We even cried on the phone (yuck, hahaha!) Somehow when I was maturing, she matured as a mother as well. She became more understanding than my father in the field of relationships and more open minded with the things I would want to do in my life.

Sadly I don't have a digital picture of her with me because the last time I personally saw her was during me and my sister's graduation last 2006 and we used a film-camera because the memory stick was full during my sister's grad.

I miss her so much, it's hard not to have a mother with me. There are times when I run out of girl stuff, I call up my dad and ask him to buy me those. Example: NAPKINS. Ask my friends, they've heard me have these phone conversations, asking him a favor to buy me this and that.

Mom, I'm really, really excited to be there with you. Also dad. So when Chino and I are stable enough, I'd send you home, okay? And maybe, I'd come home too.

No comments:

Post a Comment