Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mothers are not robots

Yesterday was Mother's Day and suprisingly, my mother called! (weird, i was supposed to call her) and we didnt have the usual mother-daughter conversation. i think she had a checklist on her mind on the things she would like to remind me: my chest xray, vaccines follow-up, my sister, my brothers, my dad and of course, the never-ending search of my childhood ballet pics. after all these were discussed, i asked her what time it was in San Diego, she said it was 10:30 pm and i told her she shouldnt have called me, she should have gone to bed. and this is what she said that really touched me: "siyempre namiss kita!" and i was being a jock of a daughter and i teased her "yihheee, touched naman ako" and giggled. but swear, i really was touched. for the last phone calls i had with my mother, she would only remind me of the usual stuff or get mad at me for not obeying her orders. then at the end of the conversation, our parting words are always "Love you ma, God bless take care always." so those words were no longer something special. she may always yell at me, which honestly i dont like, sometimes i raise my voice to her and she's silent for a while. im afraid when i finally stay there we might just end up arguing everyday. the last time she went home, we were at the worst terms. for about 2 months we didnt speak to each other. i still went to school instead of taking her to the airport with the rest of my family. im just praying she'll have more patience or else id send her back here in the Philippines. Kidding!

even though she's a pain in the arse most of the time, she is still as loving and every good word you can think of. can you imagine, she's working real hard for us, living alone in America, awaiting for my presence because my brother finally joined the army, so she's alone again.

i promise when i arrive there, i'd be a complete slave to her for about a month, until i can get a job and pamper her and buy all the things she wants, TAX FREE.

oh how i miss my mom :'(

No comments:

Post a Comment