Monday, August 3, 2009

Poverty-stricken

Yesterday I rode the train from Trinoma to school as my dad and I came from my cousin's house in Novaliches. He dropped me off in the entrance nearby EDSA and as I hurriedly went up the stairs to the platform, I went past an old woman walking slowly and she was carrying a child barely noticing what the child looked like. Of course, I excused myself and made my way inside the train. As I took my seat, the old woman entered and I finally got a glimpse of what the child looked like. It had bruises from head to feet, and Im not really sure what the child's gender is, had a blind left eye. The child kept on whining and crying, obviously because of his/her condition and probably the old woman was his/her mother, was trying her best to make her feel comfortable. I couldnt bare look at the child, I felt like crying. Im not literally trying to avoid to see such things because I want to turn a blind eye on them, but I feel so much for them, up to the point that I want to cry. If you could have been there to see the child's condition, man I swear you'd feel the same way. Some ladies seated beside the old woman talked to her what happened to the child, I couldnt hear the conversation though because I was listening to my music. Im guessing they're asking what happened to him/her.

If only Im as rich as Bill Gates, I would never forget to help the poor. Perhaps, build a home for them and provide free education to the children so that when they grow up they could manage to be independent and try to rise up from poverty. Also to provide workshops for adults to help them start small businesses just to generate enough income for their families. I know, probably a lot of you would say it's all talk, but even if I wont be able to provide this big kind of help, I could still lend a hand in some small ways.

Im just hoping the poverty level in this country would end. I know it's impossible, but people could try. There are plenty of valid ways how to survive and become successful. It just depends on how the person thinks and acts.

No comments:

Post a Comment